I’ve run into this problem a couple of times, so I figured I’d post it so that I will remember next time…

The issue is that on the local machine where SSRS is installed, when accessing the report server URL in IE I keep getting prompted for a domain username and password. This problem is usually unique to the local machine only, where accessing the report server URL from a different machine will not trigger the prompt for credentials.

After much stuffing around, I figured out the issue is not related to the credentials SSRS uses to access the database server or database. The issue is with Internet Explorer.

Here’s what fixed it:

  1. Go to Tools and then Internet Options.
  2. Under the Security tab, click on Trusted sites and click the Sites button and Add Report Manager/Report Server URL to the zone.
  3. Then click Custom Level, and check the option Automatic logon with current user name and password.
  4. if necessary (it wasn’t for me, but was suggested elsewhere), repeat steps 2 and 3 for local intranet.

After following these steps, I no longer was prompted for domain credentials on the local machine.

Advertisements